Project Home Page
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/bottom/?iframe=ydnacolor <--- Y-DNA Results
This Project's website is now hosted at https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/bottom
Surname DNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists. These tests help genealogists verify their paternal ancestry (father's father) in a quick and easy way. It saves time, prevents mistakes, and provides invaluable data that can be obtained in no other way.
This Family Project was started to:
1. Help researchers on common or related families work together to find their common heritage (See the Patriarch Page)
2. Identify the DNA of the ancestor families and compile them and their lost branches into distinct genetic lineages through DNA matches
Bottom(s), Longbotom(s) DNA Project Requirements
1. Individual who submits the Y-DNA sample must be a MALE with the Bottom(s) (or variant) ancestral line (or suspect descent from) OR if testing with Family Finder the male or female must have a Bottom(s) (or variant) ancestral line or suspect descent from one.
2. Participant must submit a pedigree chart (if known).
3. Participant must allow their kit number, test results, and oldest known Bottom ancestor to be posted on the Bottom DNA website.
4. No other information will be released without the participant’s written permission.
5. Adoptees are welcome
Click here to order a DNA test now
For more information on the relationship between DNA testing and traditional genealogy, visit World Families Network.