World Families Forums - SARGENT of New Jersey

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Sargent (Moderator: sargentAdmin)
| | | |-+  SARGENT of New Jersey
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SARGENT of New Jersey  (Read 448 times)
JGS

« on: February 01, 2016, 12:16:25 AM »

Searching for Ydna of Amos / Amus SARGENT, b.1798 Hunterdon Co., NJ, possibly died
Harrison  Co., OH.  Married Elizabeth CHERRY 1818 Hunterdon Co., NJ.
Details and lineage of my maternal SARGENT grandparents at www.sargent.0catch.com
JGS
pennykresl

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 01:12:41 PM »

It would be interesting to me if you have any males with the surname of Sargent that can do a YDNA test for our Sargent Project YDNA study
Thanks for any replies JGS. I am almost positive the Hunterdon, Co NJ Sargent descend from the Jonathan Sergeant line of Branford and New Haven, CT. A large group of settlers, removed along with the Dickenson and Nutting families went into NJ from New Haven. I believe it was a new Church they started. (Not positive though)  This is a very famous line of The Rev John Sargent of Stockbridge, MA who was a friend and Missionary to the Indians, as well as the famous Thomas and Jonathan Dickenson Sargent lines in NJ and PA.
I do not think we have any YDNA (at least on the World Families page from this line) I definitely recall this line though.
 Hope this works out for you. I tracked down the lines in some cases to get living descendants for some of my males to test. Found 2 males(that were cousins) and then my Uncle before he died. (Best thing I ever invested in!)

Hope this helps,

Penny Kresl
PS your Sargent Link doesn't work.

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 19 queries.