World Families Forums - Warner? Mills? Y- DNA

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2017, 04:09:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Warner
| | | |-+  Warner? Mills? Y- DNA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warner? Mills? Y- DNA  (Read 105 times)
Warbird117

« on: January 14, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »

Results are in to the FTDNA-Y111. I have an exact match, distance 1 with an Eric Burke Mills in  California. I also have a very close match with Charles Foran Warner within 3 distance. Documentation found from my cousin Frances Covington's research in the 1980's suggested that Augustus Ruben Warner's father and mother were not married. At this point I'm not sure which side of the family was Warner and which side was possibly a Mills. Erick had the Y-111 test and the MTDNA , I since have upgraded to the Y-111 and the SNP upgrade also. Erick's Mills ancestors were Quakers in the same area as some Warner families as far back as the mid to late 1700's and early 1800's in North Carolina. My family remained for the most part and his family traces through Tennessee. Any way I can tell how many Cm and segments we are related? Have tried everything to figure it out but to no avail. I now wonder if our common ancestor is not possibly a male Warner and female Mills even though he can trace his lineage back to John Mills born about 1660 in England, while I cannot seem to get past A.R.Warner born 1808...North Carolina with his father noted in the 1880 census as being born in Connecticut. Is there anyway with the YDNA test to tell how many centimorgans a match has?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:18:51 PM by Warbird117 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 20 queries.