World Families Forums - Ignatious Butler

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Butler (Moderator: Anita Rutledge)
| | | |-+  Ignatious Butler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ignatious Butler  (Read 1995 times)
lesliebutler

« on: August 29, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »

Reference Kit #23943
I have just joined the Butler Surname project.  However, I had my test done in 2004.  Later I had it upgraded to the 37 marker result and have ordered the 67 marker upgrade.  I noted that you have my results posted but it is flagged with ancestor not provided.

My earliest known surname ancestor is Ignatious Butler, born on October 2, 1755.  I descend through his second son Nathan Butler born 1782.  Ignatious and Nathan Butler settled in what is now Bath County, Kentucky.  Ignatious Butler was literate and left a handwritten book in which he recorded the births of his children.  Nathan had a son named Silvanus, my great-great grandfather, born in 1817 and moved to Grant County, Kentucky.  He allegedly died on the way back to Kentucky from Missouri.  My great-grandfather Thomas Nicholas Butler born in 1866 was the youngest son of Silvanus Butler.  

I would like to establish an origin for Ignatious (aka Ignatius).  I believe that it was in Ireland or perhaps England.  I have two hints.  There was an Ignatious Butler who married an Ellinr Cullen in St. Nicholas Without parish in Dublin in 1729.  In 1749 there is a death of an Ignatious Butler recorded in London.  Beyond the tenuous thread of the same name, I cannot make a connection to my Ignatious Butler who showed up in the Virginia records as having 300 acres on the Cheat River in what is now West Virginia.  
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:58:24 PM by lesliebutler » Logged

Leslie Butler

Amy (Butler) Doll

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:01:10 PM »

What is your haplogroup and subclad? Do you have a family tree online anywhere that I can look at?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 18 queries.