World Families Forums - R-M269 article on Holocene era founder effect on Central and West Europe

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: Maliclavelli)
| | |-+  R-M269 article on Holocene era founder effect on Central and West Europe
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R-M269 article on Holocene era founder effect on Central and West Europe  (Read 55399 times)
TomGull

« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »

Argiedude, what should we think about your maps? As the overlapping of haplogroups downstream  R-L11* is in South West France, there is the origin? We should think to a Paleolithic diffusion, when that part of France had the most numerous settlements, but we are before LGM and this is too early also for me, and perhaps P312* of Spain is waiting for being decomposed in many subclades, and L176.2 seems from last data not to be Spanish, but from North France. But we shouldn’t forget that R-L11* and more R-L51* was centered in Italy, also from Myres’ data, and data of Italy (how to forget R1b1*, R-M18 of Sardinia, R1b1b2* also with those with YCAII=17-23, the pending R-L150- of Romitti, my R1b1b2a (S136+), R1b1b2a/DYS385=11-11 (Balkan but perhaps rooted in Italy)), are all darkened by the high percentage of R-U152, that (it is noteworthy) has different percentage in Italy but everywhere is about 50% of R1b, demonstrating an ancient uniform diffusion.
Anyway: Italy France or Spain, as long as they don’t speak any more of Anatolia, Middle East or elsewhere.

I'm not sure I understood this sentence correctly. U152 is definitely not about 50% of R1b everywhere. Which SNP were you referring to in this last phrase?   Thanks / Tom
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »

If those reported are the percentages of R-U152 on Y-DNA, as Italy has different percentages of R1b (more than 60% in North Italy, 40% in Central Italy, 25% in South Italy and Sicily, 17% in Sardinia), R-U152 is everywhere in Italy at about 50%  of R1b, and not of course of Y.

About R1b in Italy, the paper of Ferri on Modena found 67,7% of R1b. The conservative Garfagnana (Tuscan Appennine) has "Irish" percentages, and everywhere very ancient haplotype, like the I2* I found for Ken Nordtvedt and I have spoken about in another thread.

And the 32% in Corse (and Corsicans are genetically Italians) isn't probably a mistake or due to the few samples, as Corse, if I remember well, has abot 65% of R1b, and Corse was peopled by Tuscans during the Mesolithic and the percentage of R1b in Corse is the same of the conservative Tuscan Appennine.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:44:53 PM by Maliclavelli » Logged

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-Z2110

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

TomGull

« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »

If those reported are the percentages of R-U152 on Y-DNA, as Italy has different percentages of R1b (more than 60% in North Italy, 40% in Central Italy, 25% in South Italy and Sicily, 17% in Sardinia), R-U152 is everywhere in Italy at about 50%  of R1b, and not of course of Y.

About R1b in Italy, the paper of Ferri on Modena found 67,7% of R1b. The conservative Garfagnana (Tuscan Appennine) has "Irish" percentages, and everywhere very ancient haplotype, like the I2* I found for Ken Nordtvedt and I have spoken about in another thread.

And the 32% in Corse (and Corsicans are genetically Italians) isn't probably a mistake or due to the few samples, as Corse, if I remember well, has abot 65% of R1b, and Corse was peopled by Tuscans during the Mesolithic and the percentage of R1b in Corse is the same of the conservative Tuscan Appennine.

I understand now, I missed that you were commenting only on Italy. Thanks / Tom
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 18 queries.