World Families Forums - An SNP for the Frisian cluster inside of U106

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: Maliclavelli)
| | |-+  An SNP for the Frisian cluster inside of U106
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An SNP for the Frisian cluster inside of U106  (Read 1416 times)
Mike Walsh
Guru

« on: September 22, 2011, 09:46:27 AM »

It looks like a large part of U106+ L48+ Ll47- will be Z8+.  Z8 seems to correspond to the Frisian cluster as defined by Ken Nordtvedt.

Here is comment today from a U106 project admin.
Quote from: Michael Maddi
It seems apparent that what Ken Nordtvedt calls the Frisian cluster back in 2005 corresponds to most of Z8. It's useful to take a look at Ken's postings on the DNA-Genealogy list at Rootsweb at the time for his STR signature for the cluster.

Here are some postings where you can see how he defined the Frisian cluster:
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/genealogy-dna/2005-10/1130080633
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/genealogy-dna/2005-10/1128192231
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/genealogy-dna/2005-09/1126897459

Do we think these are the true Anglo-Saxon invasion era people?

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>S6365>L705.2(&CTS11744,CTS6621)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »

Nah. I think the Anglo-Saxons included other brands of U106, as well as plenty of I1 among their number. There may have been some P312* and U152 (and even a few L21 and other strays) among them, too.

I am working from memory here, so forgive me if I make a mistake, but it seems to me, in comparing Capelli and Busby, that I1 hits its frequency highs in the same parts of Britain that U106 does.

I think it's Capelli I am remembering, anyway.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:25:15 PM by rms2 » Logged

Mike Walsh
Guru

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »

Nah. I think the Anglo-Saxons included other brands of U106, as well as plenty of I1 among their number. There may have been some P312* and U152 (and even a few L21 and other strays) among them, too.

I am working from memory here, so forgive me if I make a mistake, but it seems to me, in comparing Capelli and Busby, that I1 hits its frequency highs in the same parts of Britain that U106 does.

I didn't mean to imply the Z8 Frisian cluster was the only Anglo-Saxon group, but they were a key diagnostic marker. 

I am going somewhere with this. If we have enough Z8 guys we'll see what their TMRCA is and can compare with other groups like U198.

Is there a form of U152 that might be Anglo-Saxon era immigrants into England?

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>S6365>L705.2(&CTS11744,CTS6621)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:48:31 PM »

I didn't mean to imply the Z8 Frisian cluster was the only Anglo-Saxon group, but they were a key diagnostic marker. 

I am going somewhere with this. If we have enough Z8 guys we'll see what their TMRCA is and can compare with other groups like U198.

Is there a form of U152 that might be Anglo-Saxon era immigrants into England?

I don't know. I was thinking of the highest U152 frequency in Busby occurring in Kent, but that could have come with a Belgic or other Celtic people.

If Z8 represents the Frisian Cluster, then it probably is a good A-S spotter where it occurs in England. I didn't re-read Ken's old posts, but I seem to remember him saying the Frisian Cluster is common in Denmark, as well. But maybe my memory is failing me on that score.

Of course, that is a problem with sorting Anglo-Saxons from Danish Vikings. Some of them came from some of the same places. Really, they were pretty much the same people separated by a few hundred years. Of course, by the Viking Era, much of the North Sea coast had been taken out of the old pagan Germanic/Scandinavian orbit by virtue of Charlemagne's subjugation of the Saxons and the conversion of much of the western North Sea coastal population to Christianity.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 18 queries.