World Families Forums - Do you have a Russell story you'd like to share?

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'R'
| | |-+  Russell (Moderator: Lezlie Russell Markey)
| | | |-+  Do you have a Russell story you'd like to share?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you have a Russell story you'd like to share?  (Read 2193 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: July 24, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

If you have a special story about your Russell family, you can post it here - by clicking on "Reply" or you can start your own Topic - with the name of your story by clicking on this link to take you to the Russell Forum - where you can click on "New Topic", put your own Subject Line and then post your story.

Terry
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:25:19 PM by Terry Barton » Logged
Robert T. Russell

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »

Exclusive On-Line Community for Russell Rib Lineage Group 1 Participants
Such participants, may contact Robert T. Russell at RussellRobertT@bellsouth.net for information on joining the group and obtaining access to the group's private genealogical collection.  Members may also request copies of private genealogical charts.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:18:31 PM by Robert T. Russell » Logged
cityslic

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 12:34:34 AM »

My first post, after being in this project for five years. It is confusing to say the least.

Anyway, I think I have a solution to the 'father' and 'mother' reference in the well-known Thornton Russell Bible of Lunenburg County, VA.

Based on Census records and death registers of Lunenburg County: My direct ancestor, Thomas L. Russell, died in 1867. His wife, Martha Bohannon, lists his parents as Matthew and Nancy Russell. I think Matthew, b. 1780 could be the 'father', or his father, Philemon, could be the 'father' that is listed.

I need feedback on this. Thanks!
cityslic

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:18:55 PM »

Actually, I no longer believe my Matthew Russell is the 'father' in the Thornton Russell Bible, but possibly a brother to the father.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 18 queries.