World Families Forums - $100 Reward for my 37 marker match

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Sargent (Moderator: sargentAdmin)
| | | |-+  $100 Reward for my 37 marker match
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $100 Reward for my 37 marker match  (Read 1412 times)
Keith Sargent

« on: February 05, 2010, 05:00:24 PM »

There's a "broken branch" on my family tree which stops with William Sargent b. 1805 Maine, d. 1870 Tallapoosa, AL m. Nancy Ann Purvis

I recently joined the Sargent DNA project and found a fellow with a 12 marker match for my DNA, which means that we probably shared the same ancestor 500 or 600 years ago (big deal :-)

I'm looking for male Sargents that know who their ancestors were *BEFORE* 1800 and would consider a Y-DNA analysis. The testing can be done anonymously. I'm trying to find which Sargent line I descend from.

I'm willing to help pay for a 37 marker Y-DNA test if you (1) know which immigrant Sargent your line follows, or (2) you had a male Sargent ancestor between 18 and 40 (in 1805) that lived in Maine. If we are an exact 25 or 35-37 marker match, I'll pay for the whole thing, and a $100 bonus.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 19 queries.