1. David Clinton b.1770, So. Car. d. c1843 , m. Agness Turbeville, Camden Co. So. Car.
2. Bennett Jackson Clinton b. 1813 Davidson Co. TN, d.1879 Vernon Co. MO.
m. (1st) Harriett Cummings 1835 Christian Co. TN d. 1839 Camden Co. MO. ( 3 daughters from this marriage) m. (2nd) Rhoda A. Russell 1841 Camden Co. MO. (5 sons, 3 daughters)
3. David Harrison Clinton b. 1843 Camden Co. MO, d.1927 San Fran. CA
m. Anna Eliza Terrell 1869 MO
4. Edmond Jackson Clinton b. 1872 Vernon Co. MO, d. 1944 L.A. CA
m. Gertude Hall 1896 CA
5. Clifford Edmond Clinton b. 1900 Berkely, CA, d. 1969 L.A. CA
m.Nelda Patterson b. 1901 S.F. CA, d. 1993 L.A. CA
Note: Because the above descendant is the direct male line that has been tested, this direct line of descent, provided by descendants of the above David Clinton, has been posted at the project's Patriarchs Page under Kit #155132:http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/clinton/pats
The Y-DNA test results for Kit #155132 can be viewed at the Clinton - Clint Y-DNA Project Results Page Spreadsheet:http://www.familytreedna.com/public/clinton-clintdnaproject/default.aspx?section=yresults
An additional line of descent from David Clinton, provided by a descendant of this branch line:
1. David Clinton b. c1770, So. Car. d. c1843, m. Agness Turberville, b. c1771, Camden Co., So. Car.
2. James Clinton b. 1799, Salem Co., SC, d. 1830, Christian Co., Ky
m. Ermina Gay b. 1805, d. 1868, Miami Co., KS
3. John Gay Clinton b. 1825, Christian Co., KY, d. 1907, Miami Co., KS
m. 1848, Elizabeth Ann Dotson b. 1833, Logan Co., IL, d. 1867, Miami Co., KS
4. Elijah W. Gillenwater b. 1845, Coles Co., IL d. 1927, Ford Co., KS
m. 1878, Case Co., MO, Anna Clinton, b. 1859, DeWitt Co., IL, d. 1929, Ford Co., KS
5. Frank E. Gillenwater b. 1890, Miami Co., KS d. 1967, Finney Co., KS
Note: No direct male line descendants of John Gay Clinton, b. 1825 Christian Co., KY have been Y-DNA tested. When and if they are tested, their Y-DNA test results should match those of Kit #155123
We welcome any additional information and documentation for this Clinton line. If you are registered for the WFN forums, just log in and hit the "Reply" button at the bottom of this page.
Clinton - Clint DNA Projecthttp://www.familytreedna.com/public/clinton-clintdnaproject/default.aspx