World Families Forums - Mito group R*

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  Mito group R*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mito group R*  (Read 1744 times)
Reiverroots

« on: April 01, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »

Hi,
I'm needing some advice about my mitogroup. I have done DeCodeMe and they say I am R*. When I did a basic test with Oxford Ancestors a few years ago they said I was H!
When I queried this with DeCodeMe they told me that their test is better able to refine my results and they are confident I am R*.
On another site some suggestions have been that I really am H and DeCodeMe haven't been able to pick out certain parts of mtdna and placed me as R* because of this.
I am completely confused. I have received South Asian results with AbDNA and with DNATribes, so after reading on the DeCode material that most R* people are in South Asia I am assuming that there could be a link here, but I'm not sure.
Can anyone help please?
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »

Hi,
I'm needing some advice about my mitogroup. I have done DeCodeMe and they say I am R*. When I did a basic test with Oxford Ancestors a few years ago they said I was H!
When I queried this with DeCodeMe they told me that their test is better able to refine my results and they are confident I am R*.
On another site some suggestions have been that I really am H and DeCodeMe haven't been able to pick out certain parts of mtdna and placed me as R* because of this.
I am completely confused. I have received South Asian results with AbDNA and with DNATribes, so after reading on the DeCode material that most R* people are in South Asia I am assuming that there could be a link here, but I'm not sure.
Can anyone help please?
If you let me know your results I'll be able to help you. Where can I find them?

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-Z2110

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

Reiverroots

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:37:08 PM »

Hi,
It's ok, I think I've cracked it. I actually think looking at the raw data I'm H1. There's the main H branch number missing from the data which must be why they assigned me to R*.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 17 queries.