World Families Forums - Lewis Whitfield married Helena Vandiver

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Whitfield (Moderator: Pat Smith)
| | | |-+  Lewis Whitfield married Helena Vandiver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lewis Whitfield married Helena Vandiver  (Read 343 times)
Allen L. Brock

« on: July 17, 2017, 07:28:22 PM »

Are there any known male descendants of this Lewis Whitfield who have tested at least 37 marker y-DNA?  This Lewis Whitfield and his family lived close to a Brock family in Center Township in Pickens (later Oconee) county SC.  One of my great-Grandmothers had a son out-of-wedlock and passed her surname (Brock) to him.  My generation has always heard that our grandfather's father was a Whitfield.  My great-grandmother Brock's brother (Isaac J. Brock) married into the William Franklin Whitfield family around 1880. This William was a son of Lewis, so the two families lived close from1860 till 1880.
I recently tested 66 of 67 markers for a William Whitfield who almost matches DNA for a John Cooley.  If any known male descendants of Lewis Whitfield matches my DNA this will give me a better lead for narrowing down who my great-grandfather might be.

Allen L. Brock

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 19 queries.