World Families Forums - Map Changes

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: Maliclavelli)
| | |-+  Map Changes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Map Changes  (Read 1758 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« on: December 31, 2008, 04:39:34 PM »

I decided that it would be nice to see R-P312* on the map of Eurasia uncluttered by those who are still awaiting L21 test results, so I removed those with L21 tests pending to another map.

All of the maps can be seen at the links in my signature below.

I still have to fix the numbering on the R-P312* Map. It's goofed up because in the first place, I have had to remove so many L21+ guys from it, and, in the second, because today I removed over 50 guys who are still waiting on L21 results.

Anyway, I like the nice, new, clean view of those who really are tested up and are R-P312*.

Hopefully the newest map, the "R-P312-with-L21-tests-pending" map, will eventually dwindle to nothing and disappear. Once FTDNA includes L21 in its Deep Clade-R, I won't be putting anyone on any map who is not fully "tested up."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 04:40:13 PM by rms2 » Logged

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 05:04:03 PM »

I just fixed the numbering on the R-P312* Map. It didn't take as long as I thought it would.

There are 54 entries on the R-P312* Map.

There are 78 entries on the R-L21* Map.

There are 57 entries on the R-P312 (x M153, M222, SRY2627, U152)-we're-waiting-for-L21-results Map.

Those are not total test results. My maps include only those who can trace their y ancestor to the Old Country. There are quite a few of us in the various "colonial" categories.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:05:36 PM by rms2 » Logged

Chuck Blandford

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 05:18:35 PM »

It will be very interesting to see which way those L-21 tests in Belgium and Netherlands go.  Roman historians noted the ethnic diversity in this area, so much so they separated the regional governments.  Could L-21 show a similar separation, I doubt it.  Very interesting maps.  

Y-DNA:  R-DF13*

Surname Project:  Blandford

Kit:  ft115893   Ysearch:  EYSPZ

Earliest Known Ancestor:  Thomas Blanford; Dorset, England; born 1648

GoldenHind
Old Hand

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »

Presumably there will be some who are P312+ but haven't ordered and perhaps have no intention of ordering the L21 test. I am curious what you will do with them?
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 10:33:13 AM »

Presumably there will be some who are P312+ but haven't ordered and perhaps have no intention of ordering the L21 test. I am curious what you will do with them?

Eventually they will have to make a choice to get "tested up" or go to the "Unassigned Members" category and off any of the maps. That won't happen until the "We're-waiting-for-L21-results" map dwindles to just a few light blue balloons. It seems to me most of our members have ordered the test, but there are a few who haven't.

I know of a couple of them right offhand. Maybe I will email them today and ask them to order the L21 test.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 18 queries.