World Families Forums - Hernandez and Canary Islands

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hernandez (Moderator: hernandezAdmin)
| | | |-+  Hernandez and Canary Islands
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hernandez and Canary Islands  (Read 2811 times)
Alex Hernandez

« on: September 03, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »

My great great grandfather came from the Canary Islands and I was wondering if there were other Hernandez/Canary Islanders out there with the Y haplogroup I.

Let me know cause I'd love to hear from you.
caribeazul

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »

My great great grandfather came from the Island of Fuerteventura, Canary Islands. His name was Tomas Hernandez- Del Castillo b. 1810. His parents were Pedro Hernandez-Mesa and Teresa Del Castillo-Cordova. He came to the town of Camuy, PR and married Francisca Perez-Barreto. One of his daughters, Eusebia Hernandez-Perez , married Rafael Caceres-Martinez and one of their sons, Primo Caceres-Hernandez b. 1892, married his cousin Rosa Estrella Caceres -b.1899. Primo and Rosa are my granparents.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 04:50:01 PM by caribeazul » Logged
Mark Swanson

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:39:26 PM »

My mother's grandfather, Marcos Hernandez, came from the island of Tenerife, Canary Islands, to Pinar del Rio, Cuba in the 1800's. I'm still looking for a male line to get the Y-DNA but I have been trying to do family research in Cuba and the Canary Islands and have gotten nowhere. I would love to hear from anyone who has done successful research in these places. (PS - My wife's family comes from Matanzas, Cuba with the surnames Rodriguez, Delgado and Bustamante.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 18 queries.