World Families Forums - Native American Ancestry

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hatfield (Moderator: Elaine Hatfield Powell)
| | | |-+  Native American Ancestry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Native American Ancestry  (Read 3412 times)
Cathryn Hatfield

« on: July 04, 2007, 04:04:46 PM »

I noticed that the DNA comany tests free for  Native American Ancestry.  Have any of the participants tested positive for this?  Would it be a vague thing,  like  Maybe ,  8 -  18 generations ago,  or could it be like Yes,  8 - 12  generations ago and a specific tribe?

(I'm sure more than one of us have heard Cherokee stories)

Cathryn Hatfield

dheint2006

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »

I know your post is rather old, but I just had to share this.

All my life I've heard that there was a cherokee in the family....I spoke with a first cousin the other day....she too has always heard this.

Recently I made contact with a very distant cousin, who has, because of where he lived, heard it was choctaw (I believe).

Well, the distant (choctaw) cousin and I did our dna, and it is confirmed that he and I are related (37/37)....but the haplotype indicates not cherokee....not choctaw....but middle-eastern....either arab or jewish ancestry! I can't stop laughing about this. We're still trying to figure this one out.

Dan
Robert L. Hatfield

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:59:02 AM »

Dan;

I had to laugh when I read your post about the possibilty of middle east or jewish ancestry.
   I remember asking my Father what was our ancestry when i was a teenager.  His reply was "Heinz 57".  he further explained that I had English, Irish, Dutch, and Scottish and German in me from his and my Mothers side. Then he grinned and said you also have a little "darn Jew" in you too from the Hatfield side of the family. Never did mention anything about Native American.

Bob Hatfield

R.L.Hatfield
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 18 queries.