World Families Forums - World Families Network is mentioned in the January 10 issue of Newsweek magazine

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  World Families Network is mentioned in the January 10 issue of Newsweek magazine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Families Network is mentioned in the January 10 issue of Newsweek magazine  (Read 21921 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: January 02, 2005, 07:33:22 PM »

World Families Network learned today that Newsweek magazine has included a review of Megan Smolenyak and Ann Turner's great book "Trace Your Roots with DNA" (Rodale. $14.95) in their January 10, 2005 issue.? You'll find the review in the Tip Sheet on pages 60 & 61.? Mentioned down toward the end of the article was this sentence:

"How do you get started? One way is to join an existing DNA project that allows you to compare genes with people of the same surname ($100 to $170; find projects at worldfamilies.net)."

Congratulations to Megan and Ann in getting coverage for their great book in a general circulation magazine!? We'll all be watching to see if this brings new interest into Genetic Genealogy.?

Megan's website is located at:? http://www.honoringourancestors.com/index.html or click Here

WFN_Editor
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 08:27:02 PM by terry » Logged
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 07:29:03 PM »

I found the link to the newsweek story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6777606/site/newsweek/
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 08:11:17 PM »

As an update: In the 23 days since we learned of the Newsweek article, we have had over 6600 hits on our website.  That's nearly 300 hits per day.  I hope that has resulted in a general increase in the number of folks looking at each of the Surname DNA projects that we have listed.  Terry
hibaaryan

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:15:07 AM »

Lana did a nice job of researching and presenting the story.? Unfortunately, errors creep into reporter's stories as they work to meet their deadlines.? I actually knew my Barton ancestry back to 1678 in Stafford County VA prior to the Barton DNA project and it is Lancashire (not Lancaster) where the Barton families I match are from.?

You can join us for best 642-732 dumps dumps exam 220-801 braindumps training solutions. Our stevenson contains all those materials you want to pass for real www.bc.edu exam & ase training in Principia College
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 18 queries.