World Families Forums - How did you get involved in Genealogy?

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  How did you get involved in Genealogy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did you get involved in Genealogy?  (Read 2613 times)
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« on: April 25, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »

What was the motivation for starting research on your family?
quilmaster

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 02:46:43 PM »

My Father was born in the North and my Mother in the South.  We began having family reunions on my mother's side, and not too long thereafter, I came across a "Big Blue" floppy for recording family trees and a "Tandy 1000".  I began doing that around 1980.  Twenty five years later, after doing face to face research, looking into family bibles, pasting family trees on the walls at reunions, etc, coupled with a subscription to Ancestry.com, I completed my (first edition) 5,000 page book with over 4,000 named individuals and 800 surnames.  I never stopped at blood lines, but included any link I could make.  It may not be a real pedigree, but there is one in there.  Once I subscribed to Ancestry...I probably increased my count of individuals by 1.000 or more-highly recommended.
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 03:28:24 PM »

I don't want to draw this entire discussion off-topic, but out of curiousity, what family are you, and what is the title of your book?  Is it possible to buy it online?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 18 queries.