World Families Forums - Dietrich Family, My German Russians and Donauschwaben

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2017, 11:58:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'D'
| | |-+  Dietz
| | | |-+  Dietrich Family, My German Russians and Donauschwaben
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dietrich Family, My German Russians and Donauschwaben  (Read 119 times)
Robert Kelly Dazet

« on: January 25, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »

Greeting Dietrich Project members from Salt Lake City, Utah!
I'd like to introduce myself and and my genealogical goals. 
I'm hoping to break down "brick walls" keeping the origins in the Germanic states hidden from my family. Johann Dietrich, my 3 x great grandfather, was born about 1769 and emigrated, presumably with his parents to Kischker (Kisker, Kleinker), the Batschka, Hungary (now Serbia). He married Katharina (surname unknown). His son Johann Jakob Friedrich Dietrich was born 1793 in Kischker,.  They had at least 2 other children Katharina and Peter. About 1807 they emigrated again, this time to Neuburg, Grossliebental Districh of Odess, South Russia (now the Ukraine).  My great grandfather Johannes was born 1837 in Neuburg and married Christina Schmidt of Freudental.  The family immigrate to Scotland, Bon Homme, South Dakota with 7 children in 1873. My mother, Phyllis Dietrich was born and raised in North Dakota.
My brick walls are in Hungary as is seems most if not all records were destroyed during and after WWII.  The few clues that I've been able to find are in OFBs for the German colonies in Hungary and books written about the Auswanderunderer from the Germanic states as well as registration records for Conists in Vienna, Austria.  Unfortunately, I've found these writings  not always accurate.
I'm hoping DNA will help break down these brick wall eventually!  I'm administering my first cousin Bill Dietrich's Y-DNA67 and atDNA tests as well as my own YDNA67, atDNA and mtDNA tests, though in this case my YDNA won't be of use as I'm a Dazet.
I'm wondering if there are any Dietrichs here that share similar family stories?
Kind regards,
Kelly
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 19 queries.