World Families Forums - I am a Jensen

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'J'
| | |-+  Jensen (Moderator: jensenadmin)
| | | |-+  I am a Jensen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am a Jensen  (Read 3118 times)
Mark Jensen
« on: May 13, 2006, 05:50:21 PM »

Hi!

I was born in Ca, as was my father. His father was born in ILL. I don't know when they came to this country, but they were southern swedish, not danish or norwegian.
I  hope someone else posts!

-Mark
mejensen1

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 01:46:56 PM »

I finally joined and had gotten the results from the Genographic Project and find I am with the Y-chromosome R1a1 or M17 polymorphism. This supposedly indicates a Ukranian origin at about 10, 000 years ago.  Any other M17 s or R1a1 s out there?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:00:27 PM by mejensen1 » Logged
laura jensen

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:48:45 AM »

hi

I was born in new zealand, but my father was born in Denmark in a country town called Allinge... so im partly german and danish apparently..

Hi!

I was born in Ca, as was my father. His father was born in ILL. I don't know when they came to this country, but they were southern swedish, not danish or norwegian.

-Mark
mejensen1

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »

Hello Laura,

So glad to meet you. Wonderful country I understand New Zealand to be.  Have you had your DNA tested?

-Mark
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:55:30 PM by mejensen1 » Logged
mejensen1

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »

Not too much activity here! Anyway, from Y testing most Jensens seem to be R1b1...but a few r1a1 exist, like myself. There is a Yahho group for r1a1 and I have posted a few times:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/R1a1/

-Mark

hi

I was born in new zealand, but my father was born in Denmark in a country town called Allinge... so im partly german and danish apparently..

Hi!

-Mark
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 19 queries.