World Families Forums - Scots in my NW Irish Haplotype? 394/19=15?

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: Maliclavelli)
| | |-+  Scots in my NW Irish Haplotype? 394/19=15?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scots in my NW Irish Haplotype? 394/19=15?  (Read 7915 times)
tediona

T. N. McGill, Esq., FSA Scot, HSS, SSA

« on: April 22, 2006, 11:51:29 AM »

I have most of the NW Irish haplotype (going up to 25 markers), BUT at 390=24, 394/19=15, and 464a=16.? Can anyone decipher what this means?? Is 390=24 more typically Scots? The 394/19=15 seems a bit odd, but I haven't been able to learn more about it.
IO
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 08:46:09 AM »

Hi tediona,

I'm not an expert but I think I can say that DYS390,19=24,15 are not so meaningful for any indication regarding your deep ancestry.
I have these values too and as far as I know they can be found all over Europe among R1bs

Francesco

tediona

T. N. McGill, Esq., FSA Scot, HSS, SSA

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 04:19:42 PM »

Thanks ... I believe you are correct!
Stevo

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 02:14:07 PM »

Sounds like you both are going to be investing in the deep clade testing.

R1b: Was your long-father a Celt, a Roman, a Germanic tribesman, a Viking?

It seems that R1bs were all of those things!
IO
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 03:30:07 AM »

R1b: Was your long-father a Celt, a Roman, a Germanic tribesman, a Viking?

I've done all the deep-clade testing possible and until now I can exclude only the Viking hypothesis. I'll have to wait for new SNPs... ?
lobobravo

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 04:25:30 PM »

I have not seen any 19/394 = 13 on the typical postings on these forums. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Thanks,
Bernardo
romero89

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 12:51:43 PM »

I have the 394/19 =15 and 390=24 but I am J2.? So I'm sure that those two numbers are not indicative of R1b only.? My Y-DNA history is Spanish with my last known ancestor being born in Guadalajara, Mexico.? And yes, there is a close match to a Scot DNA,? but no 37 match to anyone.

Linda
WTD3

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »

With some Scots leaving Scotland and living in Ireland. Some may have inter-married don't you think?  My Ancestor's sail from Ireland for the States in 1730, and with a name like Dunbar I presumed them to be Scot.  But not sure the male ancestor could have married a Irish Lass?
Rapp

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

I have a simple question regarding Y-DNA.

Is the "short leg" portion of a Y-DNA segment inherited from the mother?  Y-DNA is always attributed to the father, but is their also a maternal component?

If so, why is this not discussed in the genealogical literature?

If not, how does one explain apparent multiple Y-DNA haplogroup identities appearing in haplogroup prediction models?  Case in point.

My Y-DNA matches nicely with the R1b1c group, a Scot-Irish Highland type.  However, I have a strong hit with the "Q" haplogroup, the so-called Scandinavian Inuit (Mongolian) group.  I have read internet blogs that attribute this "Scottish pattern" to Vikings bring Inuit wives with them to northern Scotland.  I just don't understand how this works.

Are people reading too much into these Y-DNA haplogroup designations?  How can you be represented by more than a single Y-DNA haplogroup if there is no maternal component?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 18 queries.