World Families Forums - Call for Garrett Travis Descendants DNA tests

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Travis (Moderator: Larry Travis)
| | | |-+  Call for Garrett Travis Descendants DNA tests
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Call for Garrett Travis Descendants DNA tests  (Read 2582 times)
Larry Travis

« on: April 20, 2006, 03:16:54 PM »

Would anyone who is descended from Garrett Travis (b. c 1633 d. c 1708 in Rye NY) be interested in submitting their DNA for testing? I would like to try and confirm that my line is related to others that are descended from him.

Thanks in advance,

Larry Travis

Larry
Larry Travis

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:42:46 PM »

I have gotten my results back from a 37 marker test.  Here is a link with a list of near matches from ysearch. There appears to be a link to the British Isles along with one near match with someone from Germany. I think the number of near matches with Ireland could be significant though...

http://www.ysearch.org/search_results.asp?uid=T768S&min_markers=30&mismatch_type=absolute&mismatches_max=6&mismatches_sliding_starting_marker=8&lastname_limiter=none&haplo=&region=

Larry
kbell26449

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:37:06 PM »

Hi Larry

My Great Grandfather was Ashton Clarke Travis born 18th April 1852 in Stone Staffordshire UK, if I can help with your project please contact me.

Keith
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 18 queries.