World Families Forums - Colonel John Hogan

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hogan (Moderator: Greg Barkett)
| | | |-+  Colonel John Hogan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Colonel John Hogan  (Read 4199 times)
Dan Spence
« on: April 20, 2006, 01:03:56 AM »

Any leads on the ancestry of Colonel John Hogan prior to his birth?  And wondering about any clues to where the family came from.  I had heard Ireland. Any idea what part?
Clio
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 11:30:24 PM »

Not really any leads.? It's been pointed out to me that he was pretty well educated, as he held some offices, and was a community leader, suggesting he was not of the peasant class.? There are 4 known brothers:? Col. John, Daniel, Zachariah and Isaiah--all Bible names.? What that means, I cannot conclude.

There is a Thomas Hogan in Prince William that left a will that is interesting, and names his children, but no Zachariah or Isaiah, but I'm still looking at that possibility.

There's also the possibility those 4 were immigrants themselves.

Hogan is an irish surname, and that's all we know.

Col. John & Daniel married Lloyd sisters from a Prince George Co., VA Lloyd family line of 3 Thomas Lloyds, but the wives of Zachariah and Isaiah are unknown.

DNA test results are posted for a descendant of Daniel, and I suspect the Marmaduke posted is Zachariah's son, but can't prove it.? DNA pending is from Alexander, who lived in Montgomery Co., NC, also, and may be a Zachariah descendant, altho the researchers think he comes from James & Silence of Anson Co., NC.

What do you think?? R U a Col. John descendant, and if so, how?
Dan Spence
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:37:30 PM »

My father's name is William Elwood Spence. My grandmother, Ilma Spence (nee Stanley), who's mother is Vinnie Zela Hogan, is how I am related to Col. John Hogan. ?Just curious if there were any new leads, I do have my grandmother's copy of "Hogan Genealogy". It's the first edition, are there more current editions?
Clio
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:59:19 PM »

Oh, U R Cousin Zela Hogan Stanley's family!? I remember her.? My business partner is Mitchell Ross, who was once married to Mary Ann Stanley, Zela's daughter, I think?

We R having the Hogan reunion here at the farm on Sat, 30 Sept; Una Belle used to come; but the trip will be too much for her now.

Send me your line at:? cdmhogan@usit.net.
Thanks!
Cleo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 16 queries.