World Families Forums - Have you found new ancestors through DNA Testing? ( Feb 6, 2006)

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  Have you found new ancestors through DNA Testing? ( Feb 6, 2006)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you found new ancestors through DNA Testing? ( Feb 6, 2006)  (Read 2672 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: February 06, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »

Genealogists are always looking for encouragement in their quest for their family tree.? Post your story here.? (Click reply to post)? ?Note: if you are signed in, you can come back later and edit, update, or even delete your original? posting.? Feel free to post as many times as you'd like.

Terry
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 04:55:34 PM by terry » Logged
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 04:50:24 PM »

I have found the probable ancestral home of my Barton and Hodges ancestors in England.  (Lancashire for Barton and Kent for Hodges)  I have extended my Weisinger line back 3 generations from the Dutch Fork SC to Nuertingen, W?rttemberg, Germany.  I have more, but we want to hear yours.
TerryFamHistorian

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »

Since becoming involved in DNA testing and as the Co-Coordinator of the Terry DNA Project I have discovered at least 8 other "Genetic Cousins" most unknown to me previously and some of whom I had been corresponding with for several years -- we had no idea our Terry families were related in any way!This has enabled me to focus my research on a specific area: Caroline and Hanover Co. VA. Before the DNA test and for 25 years+ -- all I knew was my early descendants were born and died in Craven [nowChester Co.] SC.

I am sold on DNA testing as a tool and am "a true believer".... My enthusiasm about the subject spilled over at a recent Genealogical Society meeting and I have been invited to give a talk about combining DNA testing with Traditional genealogical research at the local Garfield County Genealogical Society meeting in Enid OK on Saturday, March 11th, 2006.

Mike Terry

Co-Coordinator Terry DNA Project

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/t/terry/

romero89

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »

I haven't even found a close match.  Very disappointing.  I'll need to wait until a few thousand more people are tested.   Our Y-DNA is  Haplotype J2 with father, grandfather, and great-grandfather all born in Mexico.  Unusual for J2.  The mtDNA is U5a1a.  I have found that most J2's are concentrated in Greece and nearby.  Tracing my genealogy on my father's side has been a challenge (I don't read or speak Spanish).  Now, with the new DNA information, I can spread out my search. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 18 queries.