World Families Forums - Wilmer Thacker, 1912, Knox, MO. Son of Charles Swift, 1886, TN.

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Swift (Moderator: swiftAdmin)
| | | |-+  Wilmer Thacker, 1912, Knox, MO. Son of Charles Swift, 1886, TN.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wilmer Thacker, 1912, Knox, MO. Son of Charles Swift, 1886, TN.  (Read 474 times)
Karl M Thacker

« on: May 18, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »

RE: 118186 NPE/Edward Swift record: I am 99.9% certain I have found my correct paternal line...   For those who have not seen my earlier comment or queries elsewhere, my YDNA is not Thacker; it is Swift. First assumption was back to 1700s due to ties to Flower Swift Militia Company and Virginia or North Carolina. Nope.... With trees and such on Ancestry DNA, I was able to determine it was my grandfather who was not 'his father's son'. I don't know how. I don't know why. It may not have been by choice. It is what it is. I'm just looking for my true lineage.

I found a Charles Swift living in the town when my grandfather was born, but being a railroad employee it was hard to pin down his movements. I had lines and people and suspicions. Then just last week a new 2-3 cousin DNA match showed up on Ancestry. Her gr-grandfather? Charles Swift. Looking at what she had for later and what I had for earlier, I am convinced he was one in the same. (A sister with an unique name also helped) I have messaged my connection, but she did not reply.

Between the lines of my YDNA matches and the known history of the family, I had built a fairly substantial number of Swift into a tree. Once I placed Charles as my gr-grandfather, all kinds of matches and links and names started appearing. Yes, I now Ancestry links are simply tree-for-tree, but they are lining-up in conjunction with DNA levels and the specifics on those other trees.

As things stand right now: (with more reviewing and verification to be completed)

Wilmer Charles Thacker, 1912, Missouri
  Charles Swift, abt 1886, TN & Ellen Miranda Coffey Thacker, 1876, MO
    William Benjamin Swift, 1850, TN & Susan Coffmann, 1862, TN
      Wilburn Swift & Sarah Yelton
        Elias Swift & Lucy Issac  (I have some questions here)
          Thomas W Swift & Martha Linden

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:25:35 PM by Karl M Thacker » Logged

Primary focus right now is 1700s Virginia Melungeon and its part in my direct paternal line.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 19 queries.