World Families Forums - How long does it take to get results?

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  How long does it take to get results?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How long does it take to get results?  (Read 1975 times)
Fran
« on: June 25, 2005, 07:14:24 PM »

This is all new to me.? One thing I can't seem to find is how long it takes to do the testing and get the report back from the company.? In my excitement to get the kit in the mail, I forgot to record the kit number.? Now I don't even have the option of checking its status on line.? Yes, I know I should have known better, but it's too late now to fix that mistake. Anyway to retrieve that information?? Also, can anyone give me a time line for the Y37 test?? I'd appreciate it if some kind person would enlighten me.? Thanks in advance.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 09:45:52 PM »

Fran, it takes about 6 weeks for the test to be processed once it is entered into a batch.  That only happens once every 2 weeks, so it should be somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks after the kit is received in Houston until you get results.

You should have received an email acknowledgement when FTDNA received your kit - with your kit number and a time summary.

If you still have no info from them, please contact FTDNA in Houston and see what is going on - as you should have had 1 or more contacts by now.   Terry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 18 queries.