World Families Forums - Seeking Any Information on ADAIR Family Philadelphia PA 1820-1880

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'A'
| | |-+  Adair (Moderator: Pamela A Miller)
| | | |-+  Seeking Any Information on ADAIR Family Philadelphia PA 1820-1880
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seeking Any Information on ADAIR Family Philadelphia PA 1820-1880  (Read 1958 times)
J2_Adair

« on: March 27, 2007, 12:00:22 AM »

Family story according to my great aunt Louise Barbara ANDREW:
Her grandfather (my great great grandfather) was surnamed ADAIR (Scots-Irish) living in Philadelphia Pennsylvania in mid-19th century, employed as Pinkerton guard, married? (had child with) a Miss HALORY, and then died/left? His son (my great grandfather) took his adopted father's surname William H ANDREW, went to college in the eastern US with friend Eugene Ashton LONGLEY, and became traveling salesman coming to St Louis Missouri 1892-1895.
I have had several y-DNA studies (Ybase = ZTUX6, Ysearch = NQHG8) not matching any ANDREW or ADAIR indicating haplogroup J21b (formerly J21e). Any information would be appreciated...
Clifford George (ADAIR) ANDREW.
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:12:25 PM »

I have created a copy of your family tree in the pedigree forum.  Hopefully, other researchers will see it and be able to help you with your research.  Also, I would recommend checking back there periodically to see what new pedigrees have been posted, because you may be able to identify other genealogists pursuing the same leads:

http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?topic=2690.0
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 07:16:02 PM by Biscuits » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.