World Families Forums - Block Family Pedigrees

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Block (Moderator: blockAdmin)
| | | |-+  Block Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Block Family Pedigrees  (Read 4354 times)
blockAdmin

« on: January 04, 2005, 07:04:53 AM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for this Surname.   Our Surname Project is primarily interested in your Paternal line, as surnames are passed down from father to son, just as the yDNA is passed down. 

If you ARE A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, send your pedigree by email to WorldFamilies.net at mari@worldfamilies.net.  The pedigree will then be posted on the Surname Project's Patriarchs Page by Worldfamilies.net or sent to the Project’s Administrator.

Please include the following:
•       Name of project
•       Kit Number
•       Name of person posting pedigree
•       Email address to be posted with pedigree
•       Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
•       List each succeeding generation, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

(If you have more information you would like to share, you may also post a more extended version of your family pedigree on the project website’s Pedigree Forum below)

If you are NOT A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, you are welcome to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum below.  We hope an interested researcher will see it and contact you to share information.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
 1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
 (How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
 (I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)
 2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
 a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
 b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact mari@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:57:16 PM by Staff15 » Logged
rubhenswife

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 03:18:49 PM »

1.Friedrich "Fritz" August Wilhelm Block II b. Nov. 1, 1870, Pommern, Germany
     died October 10, 1951 in Kenosha, WI from burns that were not treated correctly
     married Mathilde Louise Koehler, b. March 11, 1869, Steinhofel, Kr. Saatzig, Pommern, Germany;
     Mathilde Louise Koehler Block died November 17, 1952, Kenosha, WI.
     immigrated about 1893 from Germany and settled in Arbor Vitae, WI
2.Fred August Wilhelm Block III b. October 08, 1889; m. Emilie Ella Gehrke
   Anna Louise Block, b. June 01, 1894; d. July 21, 1967; m. Frank Stanick/Stanich
   Martha Block, b. November 27, 1895; d. January 12, 1967; m. Rudolph Theiller; b. 1895; d. 1964.
   Frank Carl Block, b. December 01, 1897; m. Marion Hepburn
   Clara Block, b. November 26, 1899; d. July 23, 1973; m. Louis Stierle
   Erna Block, b. October 26, 1902; d. 1989; m. Carl Canfield
   Walter William Block b. November 26, 1904; d. February 13, 1972; m. Hattie Stein
   Gertrude Block, b. April 10, 1907; d. April 10, 1907
   Elsie Block b. June 20, 1908; m. Arthur Krahn

Staff
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:26:04 AM »

Hi, rubhenswife.  Your pedigree is posted: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/b/block/pats.html

Carrie
williamhblock

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »

My oldest known paternal ancestor is Jacob Block, born 1828 or 1829.  The earliest census form we have found (1860 from Lancaster, Fairfield, Ohio) says he was born in in Bavaria, Germany, and that fits with family lore.  The next (1870) says France, and the next (1880) says Alsace, France.  Jacob's first wife was Babbet who was from France, after she died, he married her sister, Olivia.

Bill Block
FTDNA (and Nat'l Geo) kit N67560.  Q (and probably Q1b).
Staff
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:41:42 PM »

Hi, Bill.

The information you provided has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/block/pats

I will have your results and earliest known ancestor posted to the Block results page in the next few days. 

Thanks,

Carrie
DerekBlock6

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »

My name is Derek Block. I just purchased a Y-DNA67 kit from FTDNA. In preparation, I wanted to join this group (which seems a inactive unfortunately). But, in any case, here is my pedigree, beginning with my earliest known paternal line ancestor:

1. Georg Block b. Abt. 1764 (birth place unknown) d. 1833 (Pasewalk, Pommern, Prussia)

• Married Christina Bagans b. Abt. 1770 (birthplace unknown) d. Abt. 1833 (place of death unknown)
  • He was a maurergeselle (journeyman bricklayer) and later a Sergeant or Night Watchman in Pasewalk.

2. Georg Carl Friedrich Block b. Aug 1803 (birth place unknown) d. 23 Mar 1893 (Orange, Orange County, Texas, United States)

• Married Auguste Charlotte Wippernitz  They wed at St. Johannis Kirche zu Lassan in October of 1833.  They would have 10 sons, but 2 did not survive beyond their first years.
  • While in Lassan, Pomerania, Prussia, Georg Carl Friedrich was a maler (painter) and it is said he was a muralist. He didn’t move to Lassan until the year he was married (1833).
  • He had lived elsewhere and had a prior marriage to a wife that is unknown, though I found a record on the christening for one of Georg’s nieces that listed a Frau (married woman) named Caroline Block; perhaps a clue.
  • Migrated from Pomerania in 1846 to southeast Texas on the Louisiana border near the Gulf Coast; the family spreading out to Beaumont, Port Neches, Nederland, Groves, Port Arthur, Vidor, Bridge City, and eventually to Houston, Dallas, Washington State, Colorado, Florida, and Kansas…among other places.
  • He was elected County Commissioner to Jefferson County Texas after the Civil War
  • He was also elected to Justice of the Peace
  • He also was a Free Mason of 50 years (at the time of his death), which means he joined the order in Pomerania, Prussia.

3. Joseph Lombard David Block b. 7 Sep 1850 (Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas, United States) d. 5 May 1931 (Vidor, Orange County, Texas, United States)

• Married Margaret Bertha Brown (or Braun / Brunn – her father was Swedish, so I’m not entirely sure how it would have been spelled originally)
  • He was a ship builder
  • He played the fiddle at square dances

4. Alton Tony Block b. 12 Oct 1897 (Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas, United States) d. 29 May 1960 (Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas, United States)

• Married his 2nd Cousin, 1x removed, Emma Cecilia Block b. 19 Sep 1897 (Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas, United States) d. 5, May 1964 (Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas, United States)
  • Her father was George Harmon Block, son of Georg Carl Friedrich’s first son Friedrich Wilhelm Block, born in Lassan, Pomerania, Prussia in July of 1834.
  • He was a ship builder in Orange, Orange County, Texas.
  • He was also an alligator hunter and quite successful. Sold their hides for bags and boots.

5. Joseph Harmon Block, Sr. b. 30 Aug 1917 (Orange, Orange County, Texas, United States) d. 9 Feb 2004 (Dana Point, Orange County, California, United States)

• Married Vivian Alice Marie Collier b. 30 Jan 1922 (Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas, United States) d. 9 May 1988 (Houston, Harris County, Texas, United States)
  • He was 18 years old and she 14 years old when they married.
  • A ship builder for a short while, then was a mechanic and foreman at Neches Butane in Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas, United States.
  • Served in the United States Navy in 1945 in San Diego.
  • Member of the Board of the Port Neches Federal Credit Union.

6. Joseph Harmon Block, Jr. MD. b. 5 Dec 1937 (Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas, United States) d. 23 Feb 2015 (Houston, Harris County, Texas, United States)

• A medical doctor, ophthalmologist (eye surgeon)
  • Served as a surgeon in the United States Airforce during the Vietnam War, stationed at Da Nang and Clark Airforce Base (Philippians)
  • A member of the Beaumont Symphony Orchestra (percussion)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:00:47 PM by DerekBlock6 » Logged

Derek Block

United States

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.