World Families Forums - Two John Crandall Lineages

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Crandall (Moderator: Paul Gifford)
| | | |-+  Two John Crandall Lineages
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two John Crandall Lineages  (Read 3721 times)
DavidCar

« on: May 09, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »

DNA testing has discovered two distinct lineages among the descendants of John Crandall b 1609 of Westerly Rhode Island.  Lineage II is most reliably traced back to John Crandall of Westerly, Rhode Island.  Lineage I traces at least back to David Crandall b. 1792 in New York.  This indicates there was an adoption or other non-paternal event sometime in the previous four generations.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:00:41 PM by DavidCar » Logged
Paul Gifford

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »

I've become the administrator and hope to see a little more activity.

Yes, it looks like a "non-paternal event" somewhere in what is now the "Lineage II" Crandalls.  Hopefully the people who have taken tests but did not provide their ancestral line will do so, as that will help us figure this out.
Clayton Lowell Crandall

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 01:14:45 PM »

I recently received my results for Y test. I had my dad take the test and I am managing the results. I was hoping to dispel the thought that Elder John Crandall was the only line of Crandall's in the US at that time. My research has taken me on a path to Maryland in 1670's and then Virginia for a very short (abt. 2 years) time. The Maryland Crandall's had much different names and I always felt they were their own branch. My father did not match up to any of the Crandall's which is odd. He had about 6 or 7 matches that were not Crandall's. I did searches in my tree on ancestry to see if they were off branches but no luck on that either.

Clay Crandall

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.