World Families Forums - I Know You're Out There. The View Numbers Keep Going Up! ;)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 06:45:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Harp (Moderator: Jeff Harp)
| | | |-+  I Know You're Out There. The View Numbers Keep Going Up! ;)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Know You're Out There. The View Numbers Keep Going Up! ;)  (Read 452 times)
Jeff Harp

« on: August 14, 2016, 09:09:51 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Let's get some communication going on this site and get it doing something for us all again.  I've been updating the FTDNA page and trying to get it as accurate as possible.  I haven't had much luck updating this page because I really don't know how to do html.  If any of you are good at it and want to help update the page or maybe just teach me what to do, we could all use the help.

I heard from Ken Harp and from Ron Holley by email.  They are a couple of good guys and I enjoyed talking with them.  Let's all get talking and helping each other on this forum.  It's what we have to talk with.  I also see some of you are still testing in the background.  Let'st discuss some of that so that others here can learn what they need to do to make this a more helpful place for them.

Who wants to get their research rolling again?  What do you want to accomplish?  I've done all the testing that FTDNA has for me to do.  I can tell you what helped me the most and what didn't.  You started this research for a reason.  Some of you may have become disappointed when you couldn't use the data you got back.  I can either help you with it or put you in contact with people who can.  Remember when you first tested and were excited at the prospect of what you might find.  It really can help with just a little guidance.

Please, post some messages.  Let's list our goals.  I'll bet we share a lot of the same goals and we can help each other.  Some of you who have been here a long time may have already talked this out years ago, but I don't see anything listed on the forum that would indicate that.  Are you looking for near relatives, distant cousins, surname origin and history, ancient migrations, or anything else?  Let's get out and search.  The people won't come to you.  We have to go looking for them.  Very few people actively search beyond their first test and then they sit and wait for the computer to find their matches.  It rarely works out for them.  But, the testing can work if you are the one searching.  Be the person who looks.  Be someone who talks with others and finds someone to test.  I will gladly test any male Harp for the FGC51008 SNP who doesn't know that they are something else and I will pay for the testing.  This is my SNP that we found through Big Y testing.  If you have the Harp surname and you test positive for FGC51008 then we are related and in the same line somewhere along the way and you can help define more of the line for the rest of us to understand.  The test will only cost me about $20 per person because I did the other testing to let me know what to test next on other people.

Come on everyone, let's get talking and get information out there so we can get this thing rolling again.  I don't know why this project was orphaned in the first place, but let's get past all of that and get to work again.  This project has the opportunity to do what few others have done before.  We can define every branch of the Harp surname.  We really can.  We are of a good number of people to do that.  If we all do our part we can eventually know where every Harp in the United States fits in the Harp tree.  You don't have to pay for all those tests.  Most people would risk a little money to find out where they sit.  We can test for S588 and FGC51008 and find out a lot right there.  I know there are other Harp members right here that are U106 and FGC51008 is under U106.  So let's get to talking here and finding whatever it was we were looking for when we started. :)
monicaty79

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »

I would like to know if there are any descendants of Benager Harp from Knox County Kentucky?  I have several DNA matches to this family in Ancestry and have not confirmed how I am related.  I just would like to compare DNA and information.  I believe the Harps might be related to my Wilson line from Knox and Madison County, Kentucky.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 19 queries.