World Families Forums - A New Beginning

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2017, 08:25:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Harp (Moderator: Jeff Harp)
| | | |-+  A New Beginning
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A New Beginning  (Read 284 times)
Jeff Harp

« on: July 29, 2016, 10:06:54 PM »

Hello,

My name is Earl Jeffery Harp, but I go by Jeff Harp.  Today I accepted the voluntary job of administrator for this project.  The forum gives me credit for the original 2 topics, but they were placed there by the original administrator.  I am going to do my best to learn how to do all the admin functions on both the FTDNA page and this the WorldFamilies.net pages.

I recently tested with the Big Y and I am currently waiting on a new SNP test that I have asked YSEQ to develop for us.  My haplogroup is R-DF98 and my most current SNP was just recently named by Full Genomes Corp as FGC51008.  It's location is 8461920.  As of the last testing, all Harps on these pages are R-S588, R-M269, or R-DF98.  You will see a R-S1667, but he is actually R-DF98.  The Big Y test does not identify DF98 so it must be tested through the Z156 pack or other independent tests.  I had mine tested by both FTDNA and YSEQ.  The member listed as R-S1667 is my 4th cousin and his Big Y test is virtually identical to mine and is thus accepted as DF98 also.  When FGC51008 is ready for testing, I will post notification.  A test of all 3 of these SNPs can be ordered for about $60.  If your STR test has you listed as predicted to be R-M269 it might be worth it to you to verify it with an inexpensive test.  However, if you want to take a next generation test such as the Big Y in the future, I would recommend you save the $60 to go towards the cost of the Big Y.  I will be doing my best to come up with new tests that will make it easier on everyone.

I am also a member of the FTDNA R-U106/S21 project.  If you are or are predicted to be U106 you can join that project too.  I would encourage you to do so.  They have an outstanding Admin staff that can help you with any testing and analysis.  As we discover more Harp haplogroups, I will contact all of the projects for those groups and try to establish a close working relationship between them and the Harp Surname Project.  We will always advance farther and faster if we can involve more experience.

I hope I can be of service to any and all members as we trace out our Harp heritage.

Jeff Harp
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 19 queries.