World Families Forums - Big Y Testees

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McClure (Moderator: Dennis McClure)
| | | |-+  Big Y Testees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Y Testees  (Read 515 times)
mcclurera

« on: October 09, 2017, 02:49:40 AM »

Hi,

I'm Bob McClure M-2.
There are 18 men in our project with BigYs.
Although not all are the same lineage, I know even if your still awaiting results there are a couple of steps to take.
To quote:
“Your results are only useful if shared so they can be compared across people. We currently have a comparison including several thousand people.  The starring attraction is Alex Williamson's Big Tree. However, more analysis is coming including branch SNP age estimations. Iain McDonald and Jeff Treece have been working hard on age estimation.”(1)
So if you're interested send me your 'Raw Data' VCF file or ask for instructions, and we'll go from there.
Here are my results:
<http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=2592&star=false>
Lineage 1.6 to the left, Lineage 1.3 in the middle, and 1.4 to the right

Good Day,
Bob McClure
mcclurera@yahoo.com

1.   Walsh, Mike. “Call to Action for R1b-L21 Big Y Testers - Get Your SNP Age Estimations and Support the Tree .” http://Https://Groups.yahoo.com/Neo/Groups/R1b-L21-Project/Info, Yahoo, 27 June 2017, groups.yahoo.com/neo/dir.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:51:24 AM by mcclurera » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 18 queries.