World Families Forums - Some 'other' Clarks of Virginia

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Clark(e)
| | | |-+  Some 'other' Clarks of Virginia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some 'other' Clarks of Virginia  (Read 1186 times)
karta clark

« on: April 23, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »

I am searching for Virginia Clarks that share a connection to John James Clark born in Orange Co VA in 1810 to James Clark and Sarah (Sally) Payne.  We are not in the line with George Rogers Clark or William Clark (Lewis and Clark), at least so far as I am able to prove. However, it would not be surprising to learn of some cousin connection as the two families seemed to have traveled similar paths at similar times - Caroline Co VA to Orange Co Va to Mercer/Shelby/Jessamine Co Ky in the late 1700's/early 1800's.  I had DNA testing done - that's the good news, the bad news is it was done through a lab not linked to FTDNA.  I am hoping that by posting the results here I might get it in front of the right people.  My FTDNA placed me in the R-M269 (no surprise there) the LivingDNA results placed me in subgroup R-Z30.  Does that line up with anyone here?
If I were guessing further back than the James Clark (Sally Payne) mentioned above, I am trying to track a family of Clarks that came to Orange from Caroline Co Va in the late 1700's that included Thomas Clark, Sarah Clark, Patrick Clark (married Eliz. Spalding), James Clark, John Clark, William Clark, and Reuben Clark.  There is much circumstantial evidence that points to this family.  Unfortunately Caroline Co is one of the 'burned records' counties and official documentation has been impossible so far.
maclark7029

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:43:18 AM »

Hi Karta,

I'm also a descendant of John James Clark, through his son James (Jim) F. Clark.  I believe we connected in the past, but I've been too busy to work on my tree for many years.  I just ordered the FTDNA kit, so we'll have that to compare too. 

You seem to have made progress with his wife Sarah Payne.  First time I've seen that surname?

V/R,
Mike Clark
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 18 queries.