World Families Forums - Jacob Yates

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'Y'
| | |-+  Yates (Moderator: Wm Craig Laurence)
| | | |-+  Jacob Yates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jacob Yates  (Read 1898 times)
CMFitz

« on: September 29, 2016, 11:17:20 AM »

Hello Yates People.  I am a descendant of the Yates.  But, mine must have been the red-headed ogre headed line because I can find next to NOTHING on mine.

Working most recent backward.

My maternal 2nd great grandmother Elizabeth A Yates born July 1852 Milwaukee, Wisconsin daughter of Jacob Yates b. 1815ish and Sarah Jane Horner.

Jacob. Ugh.  Well, he can have a year of birth anywhere between 1815 - 1819.  Supposedly immigrated to the US in 1842.  Possible parents Benjamin Yates and Betty Ramsdale.  Literally, nothing I locate for him can be convincingly proven.

Further on Jacob. Bit of a cradle too it seems. His wife Sarah Jane Horner was born 1835 and they had a load of kids.  But with Jacob not coming to the US until he was in his late 20s can't help but think he may have had a wife a children he may have left behind in England, or maybe lost them?

Point being all the research I do on Yates (also search Yeats, Yeates and Gates) there is NO Jacob.  If anyone who sees this has 1 or knows of a line with 1 please contact me here or my regular email cmm18717 AT Yahoo dot com.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 18 queries.