World Families Forums - McCarthy Family Pedigrees

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McCarthy (Moderator: Nigel McCarthy)
| | | |-+  McCarthy Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: McCarthy Family Pedigrees  (Read 1446 times)
Zena McCarty Paice
Project Coordinator

« on: December 08, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »

We invite you to submit your “Pedigree” for the McCarthy Surname Project (via the Patriarch Page) and McCarthy Surname Project’s related Autosomal Lineages (here, via the Pedigree Forum).

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting :

1. If you are a male, descended from the McCarthys through an all-male line, we invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the McCarthy Family Project Patriarch Page.
(You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  
Send the pedigree by email directly to zenafay@aol.com in the simplified form described below  
Be sure to include:  
  Email address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
  Kit # of the project participant whose pedigree this is
  Earliest direct male McCarthy ancestor Information:
  1)Name, 2)Date of Birth, 3)Place of Birth, 4)Spouse (If missing any of this information, post other identifying  information).
  Each successive male descendant through the project participant. (living persons will not be published)

2. If you are genetically related to the McCarthys but not through a direct male line, please post your pedigree here on the Pedigree Forum or send it directly to zenafay@aol.com (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)

Be sure to include:
  Email address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
  Kit # of the project participant whose pedigree this is (if applicable)
  Earliest direct male McCarthy ancestor Information:
  1)Name, 2)Date of Birth, 3)Place of Birth, 4)Spouse
  Each successive descendant (male or female) through the project participant.(living persons will not be published).

By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

You must be logged in to post on this forum.

How do I register to post a pedigree? http://www.worldfamilies.net/register

I've already registered. How do I log in?  http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered

Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have dna tested.

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:
o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor
o        Begin with the earliest generation
o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc
o        Try to keep to one line per generation
o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider
o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant
o        Use surname with each generation
o        Don’t use all caps
o        Don’t list anyone born after 1910, for privacy concerns.
o        Don’t number the generations
Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".  
If you do not see a "reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:33:03 AM by Zena McCarty Paice » Logged

Zena
Wayne F. McCarthy

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:26:13 AM »

My GGGrandfather Michael McCarthy's burial record in Bathurst, NB, Canada says that he was 65 when he died 30 Jan 1860. This should put his birth around 1794. His first son (that we know of was Thomas baptized Oct 1828 at St. Famile RC church in Bathurst. He was supposedly born in Ireland 8 Jun 1828. We think that we found his marriage record to Catherine Regan in Bandon 1824 & the bapt of dau Anne in 1826. Thomas went by John all of his life. Michael's other children by Catherine Regan were William, Michael, Mary, Andrew, & Joseph James. After Joseph's bapt, Michael married Catherine Cronin, & had Patrick, my GGrandfather Florence Francis, & Thomas. Michael's children named their son that would normally be named after their father James, & in one case Michael James, so Michael's name may have been James.  
        I have recently traced a close connection to My GGrandfather Patrick McCarthyb1823 who Married Catherine Kelly  I believe 28 Feb 1843 Kilmichael, Co. Cork, Ireland. Patrick & Catherine Had dau Mary 04 Aug 1845 Kilmichael, Co. Cork, Ireland Then son Charles 1849 in New Limerick, Aroostook Co., Maine They then had dau Florence 1852, dau Hannah, son John, dau Patricia, son Michael, dau Ellen, son William, twins Frances Angeline, & Francis Augustus, dau Catherine Louise.
http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/m/c/c/Wayne-F-Mccarthy/TREE/index.html
       I have connected genetically with others from, & currently in the Dunmanway area.
We are of the McCarthy Glas sept  whose castle Tougher is there in Dunmanway, under the McCarthy Reagh whose castle is Kilbritten under McCarthy Mor castle in Killarney
My FamilyTree DNA #10119 Fo10119
wmccarthy@metrocast.net
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:28:36 AM by Wayne F. McCarthy » Logged

Wayne Frederick McCarthy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 18 queries.