World Families Forums - Following the McClures - Donegal to Botetourt

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 23, 2017, 11:00:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McClure (Moderator: Dennis McClure)
| | | |-+  Following the McClures - Donegal to Botetourt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Following the McClures - Donegal to Botetourt  (Read 88 times)
Tim McClure

« on: February 15, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »

Has anyone been able to locate this book for purchase?  The book was written about the Halbert McClure lineage (1.4) and his decendants.  I've been trying to find a copy, but the author self published, and has since passed.  It says to contact two different genalogical societies, but one is no loner in existence.  I can find one used copy on Amazon for $100 more than the original price.

Thanks for any ideas,
Tim
Tim McClure

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »

Update.....

So, I found this webpage: http://rockbridge.tripod.com/mcclure.html

Both George E. Honts, and Joseph McClure have passed away and their contact information is no longer of any use.  I tried to find 'Northwest Genealogical Society in Vincennes, Indiana'.  Apparently the Fort Knox County, Indiana County Library now houses their Genealogical information.  They have the book, but as reference material., none for sale.  I tried to find 'Botetourt Historical Society', their webpage is having technical difficulties, and their e-mail addresses aren't working.  HOWEVER, I was able to call and get ahold of a real live person.  Bad news....they have no copies.

I also tried to find Ellwyn Worley, the last co-author, but have hit dead ends.

So.....how do you find a self published book that is copyrighted and everyone associated is dead or MIA?  I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Tim

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 19 queries.