World Families Forums - The Brereton/Brewerton connection.

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Brereton (Moderator: breretonadmin)
| | | |-+  The Brereton/Brewerton connection.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Brereton/Brewerton connection.  (Read 1036 times)
Jeanie Atkins

« on: August 20, 2013, 08:09:45 AM »

Since carrying out the Brewerton DNA project I can report that to date 7 out of the 8 major family groups within that name do not connect to the name Brereton - so far.

One of the 8 main family groups does have a connection to 2 Brereton's. However, one has taken his test on a different site so it is hard to quantify those results exactly.

The other has taken his test at FTDNA as have 7 other Brereton men.  Unfortunately he has only taken a Y-12 so it is impossible to draw any statical conclusions. The other 7 Brereton men do not connect to any Brewertons who have tested.

Over the years I have been told that all Brewertons come from the same line and all were originally Breretons. DNA shows this line of thinking to be erroneous.

I run the one-name study on the name BREWERTON at www.onenamedstudy.tribalpages.com and the BREWERTON DNA project at FTDNA.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 18 queries.