World Families Forums - GEDmatch aDNA Matching Problems

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Autosomal Block DNA Testing - "Family Finder" and "Relative Finder"
| | |-+  GEDmatch aDNA Matching Problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GEDmatch aDNA Matching Problems  (Read 3097 times)
MikeMcG

« on: June 08, 2013, 03:12:53 PM »

I am having some problems running GEDmatch on my autosomal DNA that I uploaded.  I do not know if I am doing something wrong or or it needs to be reset in some manner.

Some background: I received my FF results in February but could not download the raw data because of Build 36/37 problems.  I finally downloaded  the Build 36 in mid April so I at least had a basis for comparison when Build 37 was available.  A few weeks later I uploaded my Build 36  X chromosome data to GEDmatch as a test and it appeared to be working OK, at least there were 'one to many' X matches.  I think GEDmatch was down due to server problems after this but I finally uploaded my aDNA on May 11.  Initially my kit was shown as being processed and not available; then after a few weeks it was shown as tokenized(?) and available for some functions.  During this time the  'one to many' X matches were available.  Last weekend my kit number no longer had any asterisks and seemed to be totally available.  My kit in GEDmatch has a “Date Batch Processed” of 2 June.  I can run various admixtures that seemed to somewhat match what I would have expected for my mixture of an English mother and Irish father.  I realize there is not a big difference between these two populations. If I run the kit #s of some of my higher X matches I see their aDNA matches.  If I order the matching kit # list on the basis of XDNA,  I see my kit but my aDNA match is zero, however some of the others with similar levels of X matches are also zero for aDNA so I am not sure what this means.

It may be my aDNA i
has not yet completed processing but I can find no indication of this on GEDmatch.     It could also be that I have no aDNA matches, but I have 26 pages of FF matches on FTDNA and so find this unlikely.  I have also tried lowering the matching limits and still no matches.  I do not want to contact GEDmatch unnecessarily because I know these guys are very busy and are doing this as an unpaid service,  but I am beginning to think perhaps that since I ran the 'one to many' X matches while it was tokenized it is now stuck on this and needs to be reset.  Any suggestions before I try contacting them?

Mike

Mike McG

FTDNA Y DNA67 Predicted M269+
23&me Y DNA R1b1b2a1a (L11?)
YSearch 4AKVE (DNA67 Haplotype DF27*)
Yseq DF27+, Z2571-, Y5058+

FTDNA mtDNA T2b4-T152C!
23&me mtDNA T2b

Recent Ancestry:
50% Southern Irish (Cashel, Tipperary)
50% Southern Englis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 17 queries.