World Families Forums - If DF13* and have taken the geno 2 test

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: Maliclavelli)
| | |-+  If DF13* and have taken the geno 2 test
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If DF13* and have taken the geno 2 test  (Read 963 times)
brunetmj

« on: February 19, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »

It appears that national geographic has changed the L21 designation to Z 290 for people who are DF13*
So far two of us have seen this change. Apparently this may be connected to their redoing of the phylum tree. Or perhaps a general software glitch which they seem to be prone to.
Anyway I would suggest if you are DF13* and haven't looked again at your geno 2 test in a while you may want to.

L21 DF13** French
brokenrover

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

I believe that Z290 is equivalent to L21.  My L21 designation was changed to Z290 before I had been checked for DF13.
brunetmj

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:03:40 PM »

True I forgot that DF13 wasn't tested by Nat Geno although many of the downstream snp's were.
What I meant to say is perhaps it is affecting people who do not have downstream SNP's from L21.
Where are you as far as snp's are concerned? I understand that it may be equivalent but then why change it?  It may have more meaning than were just using different equivalent snp's?

L21 DF13** French
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 18 queries.