World Families Forums - DNA

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register

WorldFamilies has changed our Forum Operating system and migrated the postings from the prior system. We hope that you’ll find this new system easier to use and we expect it to manage spammers much better. If you can’t find an old posting, please check our Legacy Forum to see if you can see the old posting there.
+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DNA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DNA  (Read 1062 times)
wmponce

« on: January 17, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »

Good morning.  I have hit a brick wall on my father's side (Russell) and can only go back to 1825 birth TN birth for my great grandfather.  I have completed the Ancestry DNA project and have found 4 cousins on mother's side.  I have 2 living brothers but they won't give it up. (dysfunctional family)  Additionally, I completed the Nat Geo maternal dna project. I was wondering if anyone thinks it would be helpful to complete the FT dna project also. I have reviewed the Russell surname forum but did not find any possible connection.
Thank you.

Wanda Russell McDonald
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »

The ancestryDNA test you did is "whole ancestry" and unlikely to help your Russsell research very much

You could do a yDNA test on a male Russell family member and see if that identifies the other Russell families who share paternal ancestry with your father.  If your brothers won't help - a male Russell nephew or cousin - even a 3rd or 4th cousin can provide the profile you need. 

You would use this link to order and order a 37 or 67 yDNA test. 

http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=russell

Terry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 17 queries.