World Families Forums - Brian McEvoy's 2006 paper's data

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: Maliclavelli)
| | |-+  Brian McEvoy's 2006 paper's data
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian McEvoy's 2006 paper's data  (Read 872 times)
Newragh

« on: March 04, 2013, 07:17:48 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had any insights into the data published on Brian McEvoy's TCD page about his 2006 study which began the Niall Noígíallach (R-M222) interest.

Last weekend, I found an FTDNA surname project for my name through WorldFamilies.net's surname page, but was disappointed to learn that the last time the individuals in the project and I were related was when the Italo-Celts waved good bye to the Germans somewhere around Austria several millennia ago (GD = 24). They are L48/S162.

My name is very uncommon, except in County Louth, Ireland and there are no others in FTDNA or Y-search but my father's cousin and I. Buy there are 19 of my surname, normalized to Haughey, in the 2006 McEvoy paper.

John McLaughlin of the R-M222 list, and I believe McEvoy himself, identified 14 of 19 as R-M222. So I looked at these 14 Haugheys and 5 Dunleavys who were also R-M222 and got a lot of very close matches.

But, my question is this. Does this mean anything at all? Or does it just mean that we are all R-M222? The number of STRs tested was so small, (16), that I wonder if any genealogical conclusion may be drawn.

R-M222
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 18 queries.