World Families Forums - Wanting to know

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'K'
| | |-+  Kent (Moderator: kentAdmin)
| | | |-+  Wanting to know
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanting to know  (Read 1602 times)
kahaynes

« on: July 25, 2010, 05:48:16 PM »

I am trying to find my family history. I need to explain the reason I did the DNA testing. I was adopted in December 1949, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA, and I want to find some family members that might have known the existance of my biological father and or mother. All I know is that my biological father's name was William Kent. The mother's name I don't know. I was the last of 9 siblings (8 sisters and 1 brother). They were living in Oklahoma. If you know of that name or if any of your family members know of a woman who is related to you who married a man named William Kent around 1920's maybe earlier. I am anxious to find out where my roots belong. My name is Kathryne Haynes, I am 60 years old and I live now in Florida. If you, or your family members know of a Kent I would love to hear from you. Any and all information will help.

Thank you,

Kathryne Haynes

dhkent55

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »

Kathryn,
It is possible that there may be a connection between your biological parents and my father's family. My paternal grandfather was John Franklin Kent (1853-1936) of Henderson, Tennessee. His father was William Edward Kent (about 1815-1903) who had a son named William Thomas Kent (1859-1926), a brother of my grandfather and a great-uncle to me. I don't know anything more about William Thomas Kent. I don't know where he lived or whether he had children, but the age is about right to have had a son who might have married around 1920, and certainly there was a pattern of repeating the name of William.

Hope this helps,

Dave Kent
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 19 queries.