World Families Forums - Denisovans

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: Maliclavelli)
| | |-+  Denisovans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Denisovans  (Read 1170 times)
razyn
Old Hand

« on: April 12, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »

Not that it has anything specifically to do with R1b, but it may nevertheless interest some, of NW European stock: the National Geographic channel has a special tonight, "Sex in the Stone Age," that features the Denisovan admixture.  It airs at 10 PM, on the east coast.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:10:41 PM by razyn » Logged

R1b Z196*
razyn
Old Hand

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 06:11:32 PM »

The software of this site seems reluctant to post the actual title of the show.  Check your local listings.

R1b Z196*
web master
Administrator
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »

Interesting.  Email me the name you tried to post and I'll see if I can figure out why it was deleted

Terry AT worldfamilies DOT net
thetick

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:51:27 AM »

Because the the name of show is "Se* in the Stone Age".  Substitute an "x" where the "*" is.

YDNA: R1b-SRY2627
MtDNA: H5a1f
seferhabahir
Old Hand

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »

I watched the show last night. Lots of Svante Pääbo face time. But a little too much time spent describing how AMHs, Neanderthals, and Denisovans likely had intimate relations complete with actors in brow-ridge heavy makeup and the resultant little babies.

Y-DNA: R-L21 (Z251+ L583+)

mtDNA: J1c7a

razyn
Old Hand

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »

I agree that there was an excess of attention to the reconstruction of a facial type known, as it turned out, only from a couple of molars (from different heads).  It looked to me as if they had budgeted for it on the assumption that an early skull from a Chinese lab would turn out to be Denisovan -- and when it didn't, they went ahead and used what they had already paid for.

However, it was an interesting program, and they seem to be doing some actual science -- not just making rubber masks for scantily clad NY actors to pose in.

R1b Z196*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 17 queries.