World Families Forums - Help finding which r1b group I belong to

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Y-Haplogroups
| | |-+  Help finding which r1b group I belong to
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help finding which r1b group I belong to  (Read 1783 times)
joechill01

« on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:50 PM »

Hello everyone, I always had an interest in finding my families history and recently been looking up any information I can and had DNA testing done by 23andme only to find out too late that 23andme uses a dated haplogroup system. I was categorized as R1b1b2a1a for my paternal side but doesn't go any farther than that.

I honestly don't think I'm U106 as the internet says I am because I have posted on Dna-forums before and was given some germanic markers which I tested negative for and was suggested I might be p312. I will provide any other additional information if needed.

I appreciate any help   
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »

Hello everyone, I always had an interest in finding my families history and recently been looking up any information I can and had DNA testing done by 23andme only to find out too late that 23andme uses a dated haplogroup system. I was categorized as R1b1b2a1a for my paternal side but doesn't go any farther than that.

I honestly don't think I'm U106 as the internet says I am because I have posted on Dna-forums before and was given some germanic markers which I tested negative for and was suggested I might be p312. I will provide any other additional information if needed.

I appreciate any help   

If 23andMe tested you and says you are U106+, then you probably are U106+, unless there was some sort of lab error.

Have you tested with FTDNA to get some STR markers yet?

joechill01

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »

No I haven't
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 17 queries.