World Families Forums - Just signed on. Greetings to All. CLARKE DELANEY CAMPBELL SCHUTZ

ARCHIVAL COPY
Home Help Search Login Register
This is an archival copy of the old forum. This copy does not allow new posts, nor can you log in to this forum.
For the current active forum, please visit https://www.worldfamilies.net/forum.

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Just signed on. Greetings to All. CLARKE DELANEY CAMPBELL SCHUTZ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just signed on. Greetings to All. CLARKE DELANEY CAMPBELL SCHUTZ  (Read 1674 times)
colinclarke1945

« on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »

Hello:

Just 'signed up' after having browsed for a few days.  Wanted to say hello, and commend the excellent forums here at WFN which contain some great information for a DNA newbie like me.  I've been at paper research since pre-internet days, so although I know my way around the paper trail, I'm stumbling somewhat blindly ahead since getting my DNA tested.  I've read a lot, so I know the limitations as well as the benefits for 'genetealogy'.  

I have an NPE at paternal G GF level c1831 in UK so it is somewhat random to join surname projects (although I must add that Terry Barton has seen fit to add me and a few others to a new Lineage XX which is exciting.)

My maternal line is a little clearer (yes, I had a mother :-) ) and I can get back into the 1700s in southern Germany with the maternal pedigree before the brick walls start to pop up.

I tested at FTDNA and am still thinking about Family Finder.  At the request of a project admin, I'm waiting on the result for a Z49 SNP.

So, it's nice to be here at this forum.   All help, tips and advice accepted happily (and it goes without saying, a printed history of my family back to the dawn of time would be always well received.)

Cheers,

Colin

Y-DNA: R1b1a2a1a1b3c  R-L2  CLARKE CLARK  (UK c1831)
mtDNA:  U3b (FGS)               BRÜHL (Breull, Bruehl, Brill)  (Germany  c1770)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:43:28 AM by colinclarke1945 » Logged

Colin Clarke

Y-DNA:   R1b1a2a1a1b3c  L2+   (UK - Cambridgeshire)  
mtDNA:  U3b  (Germany)

Y-Search: UJJRA
Mitosearch: UJJRA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 17 queries.