Project Home Page
Use the menu bar across the top of the project page to navigate to any page of the project website.
WELCOME TO THE WHEATLEY-WHITLEY-WHATLEY WORLDWIDE DNA PROJECT
Please join us as we research our ancestors and gain understanding of the genetic connection of all Wheatley-Whitley-Whatley families. You will be asked to provide a pedigree from yourself back to your earliest known ancestor along with the birth and death dates and locations for each deceased ancestor, if known.
Family Finder pedigrees are accepted. (Wheatley-Whitley-Whatley lines only will be shown)
DNA testing is easy. We encourage any male with the surname Wheatley, Whitley, Whatley or variant spelling of the name, to participate. If you are a male with a different surname but believe your biological male line is Wheatley, or any variant spelling of the name, we welcome you to join. If you are a female interested in testing your father's direct paternal line, you can recruit a male relative with the surname to take the test.
Wheatley One Name Study & DNA Project at: WikiTree: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Wheatley_One_Name_Study_%26_DNA_Project
The Wheatley Surname & DNA Project are registered with the Guild of One-Name Studies:http://one-name.org/name_profile/wheatley/
Goals of the Project:
- To identify how the participant’s ancestors are related to other families with the same surname, both genetically and through paper trails.
- To help researchers from related families work together because they share a common ancestor, hopefully enabling them to trace back more generations than they could using traditional genealogical methods alone.
- To ultimately catalog pedigrees and genetic connections of all the known project families and to trace the ancestry of these families back as far as records will permit in their country of origin. Please see Discussion Page for Lineage Pedigrees and Overview: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/wheatley/disc
What’s in it for you? Your membership in the project provides:
- A report of your Y-DNA, which is very close, and sometimes identical, to the Y-DNA of your earliest known ancestor.
- Your “deep” ancestry (Haplogroup), which identifies your paternal ancestor’s prehistoric origins.
- A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of your surname and the spelling variations.
- Leads for further research.
- Information to help you determine if your line does not match another line, which will help you avoid spending much time and money attempting to connect to that line.
- A renewed interest in traditional paper genealogy and sharing of information with your genetic cousins.
- Your genetic matches who do not share your surname.
Testing will be conducted by Family Tree DNA. DNA testing should always go hand in hand with traditional genealogical research because DNA tests do not indicate how two males who share a common ancestor are related to each other.
Click ORDER TEST on the black bar at the top of this page to order your DNA test now.