Project Home Page
Welcome to the Treece DNA Project
The Treece DNA Surname Project is open to:
- any family with the Treece surname
- or any spelling variation (Trease, Treas, Dreese, Treese, Dries, Driess, Drace, Trace, Tree, Trees, Tries, Treace, Treesh)
- from any location
- if your surname is not listed above, please contact the Project Administrator
A Surname DNA Project is a group of genealogy researchers who share a surname, or a genetic link to the surname, and who join together to use yDNA testing, paper trails, and research to identify those with whom they share a common ancestor.
Reasons to join
- It's fun!
- Meet people who might be relatives and add their stories and data to your family history
- Solve brick walls in your family tree or help your relatives solve their brick walls
- Curiosity and science
- Your yDNA test through the project may be discounted and/or subsidized
You don't have to join to poke around
- Click on the links in the black bar at the top of this page to view every page of the project's website.
- Especially check out the PATRIARCH, FORUMS and y-RESULTS pages.
- Click here to order a DNA test in Treece DNA Project and become a member of this project.
- Already tested at FTDNA? Join the Project.
Useful links and information
- Using this Website
- Logging in
- Make this a "Favorite Project"
- Things you should do If you're yDNA testing
- DNA the Smart Way, a Step-by-step guide to the whole process
- WorldFamilies.net home page, with lots of DNA and project information
- Family Tree DNA (FTDNA)
About this service
- We hope to help you identify participants who "match" your test results and help you find the paper trail that leads to more of your family tree.
- When the DNA information is combined with family pedigrees and other traditional genealogy, the full power of Genetic Genealogy is realized.
- You will need to log in to post on the forums and to use the "Make this a Favorite Project" link in the left column.
Were you yDNA-tested at another company? Transfer your results to FTDNA to join this project. Learn how: http://www.familytreedna.com/landing/ydna-transfer.aspx