Love to hear from anyone wishing to identify as Line Leaders and who can help me find living male descendants of other SINTON branches who may be willing to participate.
Also to add any particular SINTON Family History information, lineage or interesting links to these pages.
- Nov 8 2008: Project diary transferred to a SintonDNA google blog - if you are a dna participant, or an active SINTON researcher, send me an email to get authorship rights.
- Oct 21 2008: 12 marker results in for descendant of John SINTON and Alison HALL (marr. Southdean 1829). And a 12/12 match with descendants of the Southdean family of Peter and Janet (DONALDSON) SINTON. If only we knew how they connect.
- Sep 22, 2008: Descendant of William SINTON and Isabella SCOTT (of Jedburgh) has joined the project.
- Jul 17, 2008: Pedigree for John SINTON of Southdean (married Alison HALL) added to the patriarchs page.
- Jul 16, 2008: another SINTON has joined the project - a descendant of John SINTON of Southdean (married Alison HALL). Pedigree yet to be added to the patriarchs page
- May 29, 2008: added line of SINTONS from Duns (John SYNTON/Janet SCOTT)>Ashkirk (William SINTON/Isabel DUNLOP)>Edinburgh (John SINTON/Ann THOMSON)>Partick (James SINTON/Augusta McNAUGHTON)>Kent (Thomas SINTON/Lily WIGHT) and assorted other places to the patriarchs page
- May 13, 2008: Results page Haplogroups updated to reflect recent updates to the Y-Chromosome Phylogenetic Tree. Check out Family Tree DNA's Haplogroup Nomenclature FAQ for more information.
- Apr 27, 2008: added pedigree for the family of William (married Isabella SCOTT) in the hope it may attract a descendant to participate
- Jan 11, 2008: second kit 12/37 marker results available (only match is with the first kit, their respective ancestors being sons of Peter and Janet (DONALDSON) SINTON, still no surname matches outside the project)
- Jan 04, 2008: first kit's full 37/37 marker results available (still no SINTON surname matches in ftDNA database)
- Dec 31, 2007: third kit ordered/sent (to a descendant of William SINTON & Isobel BLACK)
- Dec 22, 2007: first set of 12/37 marker results received (no SINTON surname matches in ftDNA database)
- Dec 12, 2007: second kit back at Family Tree DNA
- Dec 06, 2007: second kit on its way back to lab
- Nov 28, 2007: first kit back to lab, full results expected end Jan 2008
- Nov 20, 2007: second kit sent out
- Nov 6, 2007: first kit sent out
- Oct 2007: The SINTON Family DNA Project initiated by Lorna Henderson, a descendant of Peter SINTON and Janet DONALDSON from the Scottish Borders.