We will use this page to post announcements or to serve any purpose that supports our various family organizations and groups.
We seek Line Leaders to add Family History information for the many and varied submitted pedigrees, and to bring additional focus to this project.
- 10 Dec 2008 The project diary can now be found at the ROWE DNA Surname Project Diary
- 11 Oct 2008 Patriarchs page now includes R-30, the participant with the latest set of full results.
- 10 Oct 2008 Results page updated (but not the table presenting an alternate view of the overall results showing modal values, that takes rather more work than I've time for just now)
- 4 Sep 2008 Check out the alternate view of the overall results added below the current version. It uses a table from Family Tree DNA showing modal values per haplogroup, and differences from the mode. Some comments below the table may help with interpretation. Should anyone be able to group our lineages up into "families", your contributions would be welcome.
Some new results have also been added, and some awol links tidied up.
- Jul 2008 Result pages updated, and a few tweaks to assorted pages given the overall page format changes. Check out the grey menu bar for project specific links, and the black menu bar for more generic information.
- May 2008 Result and patriarch pages regrouped to reflect recent changes to the 2008 Y-Chromosome Phylogenetic Tree. Visit FamilyTree DNA's Haplogroup Nomenclature FAQ for more information.
- Apr 2008 Several more results now in, with matches, in the R1b1c and R1b1 haplogroups. Patriarch and results pages updated.
- Feb 2008 Lorna added as co-ordinator (her particular interest is in ROWE families of Devonshire England, where ROWE is the SMITH name of the area, very prolific, for her particular family, see her web pages)
- Oct 2004 Project initiated
Feel free to discuss this project on the Rowe forum (see grey menu bar above)