- Feel free to discuss this project and anything having to do with your results on the Reading Family Forum
- Click here to place an order for a DNA test at Family Tree DNA. Only males with a direct line male ancestor using the Reading or variant surname can test via yDNA. If you are a female Reading [or variant] see if you can find a brother, cousin or uncle to test!
- Project results can be found here: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/reading/results
Participating in a Surname DNA Project provides:
- A report on the participant's genetic DNA, which is very close (and sometimes identical) to the earliest known ancestor
- A classification of the participant's "deep" ancestry, which gives insight into the prehistoric origins of your surname ancestors
- A sense of camaraderie with all who participate in the Family Project, which is particularly strong for those who share a genetic ancestry
- Stimulation to family research and sharing of information
- A wider sense of identity and relationship, as we begin to realize how much we are a World Family.
- A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of the Surname and the Variant Spellings
- Locates the genetic matches that do not share your common surname
Websites of possible interest:
Please post your website info on the Reading forum Reading Family Forum so they can be added here!