Project Home Page
Main Purposes of Project:
- Encourage Y-DNA testing
- Review "paper trails" of Project families
- Link family branches by comparing Y-DNA test results and paper trails
- Orchard; Archard
- The project is open to any person with one of these surnames or with a surname sounding like one of these surnames. It does not matter where you reside or where you think your earliest known ancestors may have resided.
How to Order a Y-DNA Test; How to Join the Orchard Project:
- You may order a y-dna test and automatically join the project by using the Order Test tab (see the black horizontal menu above).
- If you have already been tested at Family Tree DNA, go to your My FTDNA page, log in, find the "Join Projects" menu and follow the instructions.
- If you have been tested at another company (e.g., Ancestry.com), e-mail the Project Administrator to discuss the process of transferring your results to FTDNA and joining the Orchard project.
Submit Your Paper Trail:
The Project Administrator needs to understand your paper trail in order to prepare an explanation for the "Results Discussion" tab. You will be contacted by the administrator to request your paper trail if you have not already submitted it.