Project Home Page FTDNA is having a Holiday Sale Through Dec. 31, 2013
Use the menu bar across the top of the project page to navigate to any page of the Newman DNA Project website.
Surname DNA testing one of the newest tools available to genealogists!
- Surname tests allow genealogists to verify their father's father's...father's paternal ancestry by the testing of a male's y-chromosome (Y-DNA).
- Y-DNA can be very powerful when combined with traditional paper trails.
The following Surnames are currently included in this project:
Newman, Neuman, Neumann, Nauman, Naumann, Nawman, Newnam, Newnom, Neaman, Neiman, Numan, Pneuman, von Neumann
The Newman Y-DNA Project is open to all Newman families, of all spelling variations, and from all locations around the globe.
(If your surname is not included please contact the Project Administrator.)
The Newman DNA Project was started to:
- Help researchers from common or related families work together to find their shared heritage.
- Identify how the participant's families are connected, both genetically and through paper trails.
- Identify and confirm genetic Lineages of ancestral families.
- Ultimately catalog pedigrees and genetic connections of all of the known project families.
Participating in the Newman DNA Project provides:
- The male participant's genetic Y-DNA, which is very close (and sometimes identical) to his earliest known direct male Newman ancestor.
- The participant's "deep" ancestry (Haplogroup), which identifies the paternal ancestor's prehistoric origins.
- A sense of camaraderie, which is particularly strong for those who share a genetic ancestry.
- Stimulation to family research and renewed sharing of information.
- A wider sense of identity and relationship, as we begin to realize how much we are a World Family.
- A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of your Surname and the spelling variations.
- A chance to overcome brick walls in your Newman family research.
- The ability to eliminate or confirm relationships to other Newman families.
- A way to reunite related Newman families that have migrated throughout the world.
- The knowledge to understand our ancestors better - particularly where the records have been lost.
Your ancestors left clues. Unlock them with DNA testing.
Click here to order a Y-DNA test in The Newman DNA Project.
Intro to Genetic Genealogy:
For Researchers of the ‘Newman’ Surname:
RootsWeb Message Board:
Genforum Message Board: